Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thanksgiving, Part 2

So here's my little boy in his man-scarf. And his "Big-Boy Tackler" shirt. Ethan has been loving his sports lately, particularly football. Aunt Kristi gave him this cool shirt for his birthday, and Ethan wore it for two days straight. He called it his "other football shirt", because he has several other ones. It says "Tiny Tacklers" on it, but whenever I asked him if he was a Tiny Tackler, he'd say, "No, I'm a Big Boy Tackler."

To add to his "Big Boy Tackler" look, Ethan was playing with my scarf, and when we started eating, this is what he was wearing:

Tim calls it Ethan's "man-scarf." (Did anyone watch Chet on the Real World several seasons ago?  This style is totally in, so, Ethan, when you look back at this picture, don't feel bad.  You are following the fashion trends of the late 2000s and have nothing to be ashamed of.)

Kate and Ethan enjoyed having a few quiet moments together. Ethan read books and Kate pretended to drink from Grandma's tea set.  (Please take note of Kate's adorable outfit from Aunt Kristi.  Mini-skirts on one-year-olds are among my favorites.)


A neat tradition in Tim's family is for each family member to place a kernel of corn in a little basket and share what he or she is thankful for as we eat our meal. This year we didn't have any corn, so we used marshmallows! When my turn came, I shared that I am thankful for going out on dates with Ethan, snuggling with little Kate, and for my wonderful husband. I totally have to concentrate on keeping it together when I'm sharing, so I kind of rushed, but I do want to say again how thankful I am for what God has given me.  Tim is one guy that knows how to be a hilarious and calm dad and husband.  I love that combination.  God is continually helping us to grow and appreciate each other more and more. 


Ethan and Grandma reading books: 






We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Thanks for all of Tim's family for making it fun and memorable.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: