Well, we got a tree. We abandoned our tree-cutting tradition for the year because we simply couldn't find a time to make the trek. Tim found an artificial tree for a huge discount, and here is his dejected self trying to figure out how to get all those darn lights to work:

We stayed up late Saturday night putting the tree together and figuring out how to plug it in, and by the end despite the tree lighting up and standing upright, we were still confused regarding electricity and fuses and strands that half-work. We called it quits, wondering if we made the right choice with this tree.
As Dad worked on the lights on Sunday evening, Kate and Ethan and I did some painting:We stayed up late Saturday night putting the tree together and figuring out how to plug it in, and by the end despite the tree lighting up and standing upright, we were still confused regarding electricity and fuses and strands that half-work. We called it quits, wondering if we made the right choice with this tree.
Ethan was my buddy in the afternoon and helped me decorate the tree. He loved hearing the story about some of the ornaments. I showed him an ornament I made when I was three, and then his dad's "First Christmas" ornament, and Ethan put them side by side on the tree so they could keep each other company.
While we were decorating, Ethan would give me a hug every so often and sometimes would say, "I love you, Mama." It was sweet.
Me and my buddy:

No comments:
Post a Comment