Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vacation: Day Two, More Traveling

I have no pictures of Day Two, but it essentially consisted of driving, eating lunch and playing at a fun park in the friendly city of Laramie, Wyoming, then continuing through Loveland, CO, where I wished we could have stopped at an outlet mall (although I'm not much of a shopper), buying orange push-up pops for the kids to enjoy on the last leg of the drive, and finally arriving at YMCA of the Rockies, near Estes Park. 

We were there for Tim's family reunion.  It's a huge place, and we were a bit overwhelmed by all the people and all the options. 

Our first meal was a barbecue at a covered pavilion.  First Ethan fell off the picnic bench, banged his head on the cement and cried.  As we attended to him (no blood, just tears), Kate wanted to see what happened, and she fell off her picnic bench headfirst and banged her head on the cement and cried (no blood, just tears and a huge goose-egg).  Seriously, who was watching these kids?

Ethan and Kate got to sleep on bunk beds (we didn't even try the playpen) and all was well. Each night, I got to spend hours reading my book as the kids slept.

No comments: