Friday, July 16, 2010

Surprises

Earlier this week Kate and I browsed around Fred Meyer for a while and ran across several sports shirts that we knew Ethan would love. He loves to pick a sport for the day and dress accordingly. One morning he said he doesn't play football anymore. His football shirts are long-sleeved and I wasn't letting him wear them anymore (although he would have had I let him, even if it were 95 degrees out).

So we surprised him with a new football shirt (see above) and a new soccer shirt. Yesterday he proudly wore the football shirt, but was disappointed that not many people noticed that he had a new shirt. Today at lunch Ethan told me that his Bible School teacher said he looked cute in his soccer shirt. He had a big smirk on his face.

Last night we got a package in the mail. . . it was a present for Kate and she was already asleep, so I ripped it open for her! The outfit was a birthday gift from Kate's aunt and uncle, Angela and Josh, and her Cousin Monet from The Artists' House. They got it from one of their etsy friends, Noah and Lilah. Don't you love the cute skirt with the red shirt? I love those colors together and just the other night had bought a bow in those colors at our local Farmer's Market. (Can you see it in Kate's hair?)

All morning long, Kate pranced around in her new outfit, proudly wearing a necklace of mine and carrying her purse everywhere she went, into Ethan's Bible School, to the grocery store, the mall, etc.

Thanks for the surprise, Josh and Angela and Monet!  :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pulcheria said...

Love the new outfits. Kate looks SO grown up with her hair like that!

Anonymous said...

Really, they look so grown up Kristin!! When did your babies get so big? I love the outfits, absolutely adorable.

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

I'm so glad the outfit is loved :) It really is super cute on her!

Thanks for your comment on the blog today. I've gotten so much done today and am loving it, although I miss Josh and Monet already...so pathetic. I will probably work non-stop till Josh and Monet return, only stopping to sleep, eat, and pee, lol. For some that seems like torture, for me it's heaven.

Miss you too!