Watering our tree. . .
Ethan was completely thrilled to help us decorate our tree. Sunday morning, I started putting on the lights and he hardly knew what to do with himself. He would sit in the chair for a while, then get up and talk about the lights, then he'd return to his chair, talk about the lights, then get up again and point and stoop and help. Then he saw me water the tree, so he "filled" the pitcher from the sink in his kitchen.
Ethan followed me all evening to get more ornaments and decorations. He talked and chattered the entire time, and was quite helpful. Once the tree was up, I showed him how we put gifts under the tree, so he arranged everything he could find under there. . . .
If you were to look closely, you'd see that our tree is not entirely straight. In fact, the poor thing tipped over multiple times the morning I decorated it, and finally Tim's dad saved the day by drilling a large piece of wood to the trunk. Tim was willing to work on it, but sometimes fixing a tree is just enough to send a guy over the edge on a Sunday afternoon, so we were glad to have Gabe's help. Anyway, I'm afraid to move the tree anymore, so I might just have to enjoy it as is, tilted though it may be.

No comments:
Post a Comment