Monday, December 01, 2008

Appreciating the Age

Today Ethan lightly hit his head when he tried to walk under the countertop in our kitchen. It made me think about how big he's getting. Before I know it, he'll be jumping to touch the doorway as he walks through and we'll have huge handprints all over our ceilings.

Ethan is talking more and more and it's so much fun. My mom told me that when we were at her house he came into the kitchen one time and said in a grown-up, important voice, "Hi, Mamma" as he swung his arms back and forth.

During lunch today I told Ethan that pretty soon it would be time to read our stories so he could take his nap. I proceeded to finish eating my lunch and glancing through a new cookbook I got for our early Christmas exchange. A few minutes later I checked to see what Ethan was doing. . . he was sitting on the couch patiently waiting for me so we could read our stories. Such precious moments!

A week ago I was madly looking through all my parenting books for tips on how to manage cranky two-year-olds, and this week I am once again cherishing the age. Thank you, God, that Ethan is healthy, enjoyable, kind to his sister, and learning so many new things.

No comments: