Tim and his family took me on a yurt trip soon after we got engaged. I'm glad I had that experience so I would know what it is like. They actually are quite warm. Tim usually comes back very tired because he takes it upon himself to stoke the fire every hour or so, which may or may not be necessary with the type of sleeping bags they have.
Here's Ethan, ready to leave on Sunday morning. . . .
We have had relatively warm weather in the past few weeks, so we weren't even sure if there would still be snow on the trail to the yurt. Apparently, that was no problem, and besides, it snowed 6 inches (the first storm in a while) the first day of their trip. Here's Ethan, ready to leave on Sunday morning. . . .
Tim not only pulled Ethan, but a bunch of other stuff in the jogging stroller/sleigh. . .
I love the scenery. The mountains near us aren't huge, but they nonetheless have a beauty all their own.

No comments:
Post a Comment