Alternate titles for this post:
Thank the Lord that I had put away the really embarrassing stuff.
Yesterday was my birthday and I don't clean on my birthday.
Had I known it was this bad, I would have done something about it!
Did you really have to take them on a tour?
Give me a break, I change my clothes four times a day!
Well, Pastor, this is where the magic happens (that one is Tim's idea).
At least my laundry room looks great!
Last weekend Tim was out of town, and I was happy to work hard to clean the laundry room:
Seriously, have you ever seen a laundry room that clean? I am proud of that room (which is why I took a picture), even though a few of the things that were cluttering it before were simply moved to another room. Things must get worse before they get better. But one room in our house is camera-ready.Thank the Lord that I had put away the really embarrassing stuff.
Yesterday was my birthday and I don't clean on my birthday.
Had I known it was this bad, I would have done something about it!
Did you really have to take them on a tour?
Give me a break, I change my clothes four times a day!
Well, Pastor, this is where the magic happens (that one is Tim's idea).
At least my laundry room looks great!
Last weekend Tim was out of town, and I was happy to work hard to clean the laundry room:
We are getting ready to put our house on the market, and our pastor and his wife were at our house last night to discuss a few things, because we are planning to buy their house. They are building a new one. Our moving date will be this summer, but we need to get our house on the market so it can hopefully sell by then.
Anyway, after chatting with Pastor and Teresa, Tim offered to show them the rest of our house. Of course they understand that we have kids and we hadn't really picked up before they came over. The main floor looked decent, but our storage room and extra bedroom were pretty bad. And I'm a real sort of person, so I don't care if people see my house when it's less-than-perfect.
However, I was a little surprised when Tim also led them to our upstairs rooms, since the kids were already in bed, and who needs to see a bedroom? Seriously, would he show off our room when the bed isn't even made? Seriously. My face got hot when we reached our bedroom. It was much worse than I expected. And this photo does not do it justice, folks:
These were taken after I kicked a bunch of clothes under the bed and shoved some stuff in the closet and in a few drawers. Hilarious! I am only comforted by the fact that I knew I had put away all the embarrassing things earlier in the morning in case our babysitter had to come into my room while I was at work.
And truly, my birthday had been the day before (I am publishing this a week late), and I do change my clothes about four times a day because of working out, work, kid time, etc. So, the reality is that I feel good if I can keep the rest of the house clean and functional. Besides, today I cleaned out my closet and now I am inspired to put my clothes away!!!!
Our pastor and his wife of course were quite gracious in viewing our messy quarters. They tried to take note only of the nice tile in our shower and how spacious the closets are. . . blah, blah, blah. Finally, Pastor made a joke that they better get out of there before I get anymore embarrassed, and all I could do was smile really big and give a exaggerated shoulder shrug.

3 comments:
Oh Kristin, I was laughing out loud at this post....where the magic happens. hee hee hee. What a great story! One time Andy gave someone a tour of our house and there was some really embarrassing stuff on our bedside table. Seriously???? Why do husbands have to do that!
Happy Birthday yesterday!!!
Hi Kristin.
I love that you cleaned up before taking pictures of how messy your house was since you were publishing them. Visit us sometime to get some perspective. 2 working adults and a toddler = "lived in".
Happy Birthday!
That's so funny about Tim! I would have died. Pre-Angela, Josh would have done the same thing but he has seen me get upset about stuff like that enough times that I think he has learned, maybe not, who knows. Seriously funny though!
Love the laundry room by the way. You motivated me to get my sewing room cleaned and organized this past weekend.
Miss you and the kiddos! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.
Post a Comment