"But those that wait upon the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40:31
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Fire Station #3
Kate wanted to be in this picture, but didn't like wearing the fire gear (which surprises me, now that I think about it, considering her love for dressing up):
One of our fire stations had an open house last weekend. The scariest part for Tim and me was the smoke room. We didn't even walk into the room all the way and it made us claustrophobic. The scariest part for Ethan was Sparky the fire dog (a guy in a costume). Whenever he saw him coming near, he told me, "Mom, I want to go home. Right now!" So I told Ethan to turn his head and look the other way, and he felt just fine then. Out of sight, out of mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"I want to go home. Right now", LOL. It's so funny how adults dress up to make kids "happy" and it just ends up scaring them. Those things always freaked me out as a child too.
Cute story and pictures :)
Post a Comment