On Tuesday (Day Three or so) of our family vacation, we set out to find a pool. We ended up at Riverdale Resort, five miles out of Preston, Idaho. I have to admit it was pretty cool. There were rules, but we still felt free to have fun. I actually like rules at pools because they make me feel safe, but at this pool, it wasn't like it was incredibly crowded, so we went ahead and took Ethan on the slide, because "they" (those that run the cool pool) let us. That's right, 0-3 year olds were allowed on the slide. Really? Yes. And he L-O-V-E-D it and is still talking about how he went up, up, up and down, down, down, and around really, really fast, and he opened his mouth really wide and got water in there.
I also liked this pool because it opened up at 11:00 and that just seems like a good time to open a pool so the kids can enjoy it before their nap. Kate and I were the only ones in the swimming pool for a while. Then we got out and she warmed up in her froggy robe.
We ate lunch, swam some more, Ethan went down the slide again and again, and then we went into town to find a heater to help make our next night of camping more bearable. Those mountains get cold at night, and our trailer heater didn't seem to be working.

2 comments:
I love Riverdale! So glad Ethan had fun on the slide. What a great vacation!
That's a massive slide. The photo enhances the story for sure! Hey, they didn't allow diving by the slide though!
Lol,
Angela
Post a Comment