Today Idaho feels particularly cold. Why? Because I spent five days in Texas, where I wore shorts and a tank top and Kate went without socks or shoes and wore nothing but her diaper and a onesie.
In the airport on the way to Texas, Kate must have looked pretty cute in the front pack. I've never had so many people smile at me and tell me what a cute baby I have. Kate loves riding around in the pack, and she smiled, kicked, and talked the entire time I roamed around prior to my flight and during our layover. Here she is getting some good reading in before we boarded the plane.
In the airport on the way to Texas, Kate must have looked pretty cute in the front pack. I've never had so many people smile at me and tell me what a cute baby I have. Kate loves riding around in the pack, and she smiled, kicked, and talked the entire time I roamed around prior to my flight and during our layover. Here she is getting some good reading in before we boarded the plane.
I went to Texas to visit an old friend, Jennifer. By the way, Tim kept Ethan at home with him (with the help of Grandma and Grandpa). Thank you, Tim!
This picture shows Jen's terrific kids, Brooke and Luke. Kate loved her new friends. Note that she no longer needed the tights, sweater, or pink shoes once we landed in the Great State of Texas.
Luke reminded me of Ethan; they are about six months apart and both sport that short blonde hair. Luke was a friend immediately, and loved getting his picture taken. That is unlike Ethan.
Jen is expecting her third child in June, and still works full time. Her wonderful husband took care of the kids and fixed dinner as she picked me up from the airport and we made the drive home. Everything takes longer with all the driving it takes to get from one place to another, not to mention our three kids (including my little one) to take care of. Jen was a saint as she just kept going despite her exhaustion.

No comments:
Post a Comment