Monday, March 30, 2009

Ethan's Bed

Meet the proud owner of a new bed:
We finally decided to get a toddler bed for Ethan. We couldn't find a twin bed that we liked, and since Ethan's room is pretty small anyway, and we won't know for a few more years whether we should get a bunk bed or another style, we knew this was the best find.

Here's Ethan sleeping (Tim snuck into his room one night to take his picture with our new camera):

Here is Ethan tucked in for the night:

The transition has gone really well. Nap time has been a little shorter, and one morning I was startled when Ethan came walking down the stairs while I was getting breakfast ready, but we're all getting used to it. I think now that Ethan has figured out that he doesn't have to stay in his bed during nap, he has gotten up more. I don't mind, as long as he stays in his room and he isn't grumpy later that day. Well, that's what happened yesterday. I let Ethan just play in his room, but we paid for it later that night. So today during naptime I kept putting him back in his bed over and over again until he fell asleep. I knew he needed the nap today, and was unwilling to pay the consequences later tonight. BUT. . . I know I might be approaching the days when he won't need a nap every day.

Overall, I've been happy with Ethan's transition into his big boy bed. Great job, Ethan!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's great! Duke has the same bed. He's done really well, he's fallen out a few times but defintly likes being a big boy!

Pulcheria said...

Big kid beds are so much fun! I'm glad you are all doing well with the transition!