I posted these on facebook a while ago, and just remembered that I wanted to post them here too. I think I've been tagged a couple of times to do this, so here goes. . .
1. Five for Fighting is my favorite musical group right now.
2. When I was in college I accidentally made an announcement to too many people that we would soon be celebrating Jesus’ risen erection. I was so innocent back then, but still knew enough that I had said something hilariously inappropriate.
3. My first job was at Denny’s Restaurant. I was a terrible waitress there and I learned a lot of unnecessary things that I didn’t understand until years later.
4. My husband and I have had two really great dates at Denny’s. One involved sneaking into a cadaver lab and then using a two-for-one coupon. The other involved a really chocolate milkshake when our son was on vacation and our daughter was asleep in her carseat next to us.
5. When I was pregnant with Ethan my guilty pleasure was playing hundreds of games of Yahtzee all by myself.
6. I love teaching. Especially 7th-8th graders.
7. At one point I wasn’t sure if I wanted to have kids, but I’m definitely glad I have them now. They crack me up.
8. My husband and I met at camp, the most beautiful place on earth. He was a CA and I a counselor. We didn’t first go out until six or so years later.
9. I am typing this in Word and will wait several days until I post it because I know I will want to ponder whether I really want to say what I’m saying.
10. I don’t like spending money, but there are some things that are just worth it.
11. I played volleyball and basketball in high school. My total number of wins was 8. For six seasons of play.
12. I had the best friends in high school, and we still stay in touch. I had really great friends in college too
13. I ran a marathon with my long-time friend Jennifer back in 2004. Before training for the marathon, I had never run more than 3 miles in one workout.
14. My husband and I went to Canada for our honeymoon. He planned the entire thing and it was amazing.
15. The next year we took a four-week trip to Europe.
16. I’m a planner in most things, but on our trip to Europe, I wanted to just play everything by ear. Next time we go to Europe, we’ll have a plan.
17. One time, I got train tickets to Valencia, Spain, when we wanted to go to Venicia, Italy. Another time, I got tickets to Genoa, Italy, when we wanted to go to Geneva, Switzerland. Tim and I learned a lot about each other on that trip.
18. I started mountain biking and x-country skiing when I met my husband. They are two of my favorite hobbies now.
19. I have three brothers, three nephews, three nieces, a great-niece, and a great-nephew.
20. I really like The Real World this season. Interesting characters and issues.
21. My husband is really good at understanding me, and he’s patient, even when I’m a crazy woman.
22. My favorite thing to remember about God is that He is all-powerful. He doesn’t give us the challenges we face, but he is always faithful in being bigger than any hardship. That’s just hard to remember, and I pray daily that if I ever have to face a tragedy, that He somehow will get me through whatever that tragedy might be.
23. I didn’t learn how to cook very well when I was growing up because I always practiced the piano while my mom was making dinner.
24. I have never broken a bone, but I did have to have braces three years ago.
25. I love the seasons.
1 comment:
I love reading things about you that I didn't know. I also like that you still think of us all as fondly as I think of you. What good memories!
Post a Comment