Tim's Family came back from their long vacation just in time for Father's Day. Ethan got to see his grandma and grandpa at church (he was so excited!) on Sunday morning, then they came over for brunch afterwards. Gabe had to leave right away for a retreat for the church staff, so we had Kristi and Karen over for a barbecue on Sunday night. I made sirloin tip kabobs with avocado sauce, fruit, potato salad, and Karen brought salad. It was delicious, and we enjoyed having Kristi around this week.
I couldn't write this post without talking about what a good daddy Tim is. Ethan loves to spend time with his dad, and Tim always finds time to hang out with his little boy even after a long day of work. And Tim has been wonderful about helping me prepare mentally and logistically for a new baby. When I've been thinking to myself, "How will we ever do this?", he just stays excited and assures me it will be fine. We all know there will be not-so-fine moments (and this is coming from the positive one), but he continues to encourage. God is good. We have a wonderful life and I praise God for taking care of us through the fun days and the challenges too. And I thank God for a great husband and daddy like Tim!
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment