Friday, June 27, 2008

37/38 Weeks


I must be getting bigger, because this week I've noticed people really looking at me in wonderment. "Whoa, she's pretty big. Wonder when she's going to have that baby."

I really don't think it's going to be any time soon. I don't even know why the doctor checks me this early. Even if he did find that I was getting closer, it still could be weeks before I go into real labor, so I don't exactly want to know if I'm getting close. The baby will make her entrance when she's ready.

This week I learned that my doctor has a patient who is 23 and pregnant with her fifth child. Well, I'm feeling overwhelmed expecting my 2nd, so I hope the lady has help. Don must really struggle with some of the patients he works with, because he sure seems to pour his heart's frustrations out to me often enough.

I'm trying to stay healthy and fit. I've been walking just about every day, and nearly done myself in on some of those days. I have to rest after each walk, but I do think my legs are actually getting stronger now that I've been exercising regularly. It's nice to know that the end is nearing. I'm torn between trying to enjoy these last days alone with Ethan, relaxing and resting and eating whatever I want, and anxiously awaiting the chance to meet our new little girl!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You look great! I know, it is hard to hear, especially when you are at the stage when people look at your belly first, instead of your face. We wish you the best of luck!!!