Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby's Room

Before. . .
Big brother was a big helper while we hung up pictures.
Ethan was excited that daddy was using a real hammer and drill!

After. . .

Ethan likes to play with Baby's things. Here is is strapping his teddy bear into the baby carseat. (And he's actually smiling for the camera.)
The baby room is MUCH more girly than I had planned. I went with yellow (painting the room was one of the most exhausting things I've done during this entire pregnancy. . . I did that back in April when I was probably six months along) because it is somewhat neutral and if we eventually want to switch the kids' rooms around, we could probably make yellow look good for Ethan's things too.
I painted the room in April, and had spent a whole weekend just getting it cleaned out of all the stuff that we used to store in there. The closet is big, and that's where I had all my candles and extra clothes and suitcases. We also used to have my day bed and trundle in the room and a couple different dressers.
This white crib we bought from Ethan's babysitter. The little brown dresser we had gotten at a garage sale way before Ethan was born. It's the perfect size for baby clothes. We bought a new changing table for Ethan and moved the white one into baby's room. The white mirror dresser was mine when I was growing up. It's getting really chipped, and I'd love to paint it again and put cute flowers or swirls on it. That probably won't happen before baby arrives.
The long shelf along the top of the crib wall was already in the house when we moved in and the small one above the changing table was mine when I was growing up. The bumper pad is from my niece's little girl and the pictures above the crib I got at a garage sale. The flowered sheer curtain was actually a shower curtain I used in my single days.
I had planned on doing more of a bright, modern look, but I couldn't find the right materials for making the curtains and crib stuff, and then when my niece had this really nice bumper pad, I just went with it and realized I had all these other really girly things. I can't help it--I love flowers and I love pink and purple.
So, little daughter, I apologize in advance if you are a child who hates flowers and pink and purple and girly things. It's all my fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin!
I love to read the updates, but not all the pics worked and I'm sad not to see the girlie room.

Have you heard of Wallies or some other removable wall decor? They are real popular right now and may have some that work with your theme. They also peel off for when you want to change the rooms.

My mom-in-law did some quotes/phrases in their bedroom and they are very classy even though it sounds cheesy!

Love ya, 'hug' the baby for me :) Stacy