Friday, June 01, 2007

Friends moving on




Well, here are some pictures to prove that I really do have a life beyond a baby.
Our good friend, Andy, is leaving town today so this week we got together to have a little going-away party for him. Tim and I knew Andy when we worked at camp, and then Andy joined me in college (much like my other friend Amy) and was like my kid brother. Then he was a groomsmen in our wedding and later joined our teaching staff at my school. This past year Andy and I have been co-teachers in 7th grade and he has served as the assistant principal too. NOw Andy is moving on to a new job and new ministry and new part of the country. Sad to see friends go. . .

We've had many friends come and go in the past few years. My college roommate and dear friend Jennifer lived here for several years--her husband was the pastor of our church. Now they live in San Antonio. Another good friend, Teresa, and her husband Tim moved back to Wisconsin a year ago. We've had numerous other friends move away, and this month Amy and Riley will be getting out of here too.

The good thing, however, is that God is so good in providing other amazing friends for Tim and me. We have a close knit group of Friday-night Bible Study/croquet friends. And at my work I have awesome colleagues that just make me laugh and inspire me with their love for teaching, care for students, and heart for God. So as dear friends move on to new adventures, I thank God for taking care of my sanity by providing other people to enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: