Monday, June 04, 2007

Half-Marathon Training, Day One

Today I officially started training for a half-marathon. I have twelve weeks to get ready. I'm really excited about it, because I've been tossing around the idea and checking with different running friends to see if they'd train with me. It's fun to have someone to motivate you and to keep you company on those long runs.

Well, the other day my sister-in-law Nicole called to tell us about a race that she and my brother want to run. I think it will be so cool. Tim is going to train too. We just have to decide which race we'll run in. There's one here in town labor day weekend and another one near Logan the week before that.

I found some great training schedules at the Runners World website. Today I only had to run two miles! And the schedules we're using allow several days for cross-training, so we can keep up on biking, tennis, softball, etc.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hey Krisin,
I finally found your blog. I love it.
Can I be your virtual training buddy? :D