Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ethan's first friend



My long-time friend Amy has helped watched Ethan on occasion in the past several months. We were camp counselors together back in '96, then she joined me in college and I was there when she met her husband, Riley. Now we have worked at the same church together for several years and her husband has been a teaching colleague of mine. She and Riley have three kids together, and she somehow can manage to add my one to the bunch and safely care for all of them. Amazing.

I was excited yesterday when she asked me to watch their youngest, Maya. Maya is three weeks older than Ethan. I loved seeing all the things she can do--she's an avid roller; Ethan can roll, but doesn't use it as a mode of transportation. Maya can clap. Ethan can sit up a bit longer, or maybe it's just that Maya would rather roll. Ethan enjoys his cereal a bunch more than Maya.



This is when I tried to get the two kids to go on a walk with me in our double stroller.



As you can see, Ethan got mad and two blocks later I had to turn around and come home.



We played some more at home! What a fun day! I had a taste of what it would be like to have twins.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: