Friday, June 24, 2011

Spring Flowers

Today is June 24th, and I have spent hours in the past week and a half weeding, digging, and chopping to get some of our yard into presentable order.  It has come a long way, and probably has a long way to go.  More pictures to follow, but first I have to show what we got to enjoy this spring.  Lots of tulips and hyacinths:










I think these are grape hyacinths, and while I have always loved these, and they looked really pretty when there are rows and rows of them all together in one flower bed (which is what we had this spring), I ended up taking out thousands of these bulbs because they just looked so messy (they sprout up again in the fall) and I wanted to put in other flowers.  I'm hoping I left enough in the ground for it to look decent again next spring. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love it! Can you come landscape my yard? :)