Thursday, June 23, 2011

Easter Weekend

Josh, Angela, Monet, and Kristi got here the Friday night before Easter.  Kristi and I went to Good Friday service, and the cousins played together:
 

Saturday morning we took the kids to our Easter with Jesus Party at church:

 Kate and Kristi are so photogenic together.  Every time I have a picture of these two, I think, "This is my favorite picture of them."
 We also went to the environmental fair, where Kate and Monet climbed into a fire truck:
The kids loved singing and dancing together:
 Ethan rocks out on his guitar:

On Saturday night we had an amazing Thai dinner:


My photographer father-in-law took this cool pic:
 
Cousins at the park:

Our fam, Easter 2011:
 
Easter morning we went to church, had brunch at our house and later had a delicious ham dinner at my in-laws and and Easter egg hunt (Ethan loves to re-hide the eggs for everyone else to find).
 I think this was breakfast on Easter morning:
 
During all of Lent our church had a big bare branch at the front of our church that went along with different lessons leading up to Easter morning.  Every time Ethan saw it, he asked me why we had a dead tree in our church.  On Easter morning this is what the tree had transformed to, and I loved the reminder of new life, of hope:

No comments: