Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hiding Places and Homemade Pizza

 I love that the time has come to make good food together with my kids in the late afternoon.  I've gotten into a good system (most weeks) of making a mean plan for the entire week, and sometimes I even figure out a way for my kids to help.  So check out these pizzas, made by the hands of a 2 and a 3-year-old
 For some reason, Ethan needed head protection to eat our pizza.
 Our new house has these cute little nooks that we like to call "hiding places."  Sometimes the kids pretend there are monsters coming to get us, and we hide and tell each other "shhhh" and occasionally jump out and try to scare each other.  It's a blast. 
 Here is Ethan's hiding place, which is also his train room:

Other moments where the kids are "helping" me make dinner:

Kate has a nap pad that she uses at her little school.  One day when I had just washed it and set it by the door so we would remember to take it back, the kids started pulling each other all over the place.  It's fun to see them being friends every now and then.


No comments: