Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fun Moments

Ethan and I playing a pillow game one Saturday morning:
The kids are great helpers in the yard. They help me water flowers (the only ones I've planted so far are mums) and one Saturday they helped Tim and I pull out a bunch of bushes. I'll have to look for a before and after picture because there is a big difference.


Labor Day weekend ended up not being such a fun moment. Kate had a bit of a stomach flu, but nothing too bad. She threw up once or twice, and then would smile and ask to go play or something.

Sunday afternoon I started feeling sick and by dinnertime I was stuck in the bathroom. Then I heard that Ethan was throwing up too. I closed myself in one of the bedrooms and somehow Ethan ended up with me and Tim took Kate to the store to "keep her out of the way."

I seriously think that Tim thought he was helping by keeping himself from getting sick, but as Ethan and I took turns using a bucket and/or running to whichever toilet was not occupied by the other, I finally had to call Tim and plead with him to just come home and help me. I know that's TMI, but the point is that even though Ethan and I were miserable, we laid next to each other on the futon and smiled and tried to help each other out when we could. It was a special time.

Anyway, by midnight we were fine and spent Labor Day laying around the house recovering.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Those 24-hour flu-bugs are awful!