We misplaced our camera charger in the move. I thought it was gone forever, but we found it sometime in between leaving for Lake Tahoe for my brother's wedding (over a month ago) and going camping two weekends ago. Now it's like a three-week-period of our lives never existed.
However, here is our life as it stands. We have moved into our new house and are slowly getting settled. Everywhere I look there is a project that needs to get done, but for the most part the boxes are unpacked. I plan on enjoying every project, and that will mean taking our time. I have started peeling wallpaper in every room. It's like picking a scab. I can't help it. I sit with paint swatches taped to the wall in front of me. I'm leaning towards Sour Lime, but Lake Marsh also calls my name. Will I hate an office painted a fresh color of green?
The kids still love to sit on the front porch with their frozen Go-gurts.
Dad has has found a new love in his hot tub. The kids have found a new love in their daddy. Rumor has it that Kate now asks for her Daddy when she is at daycare and Ethan told me today that he likes Daddy better. Matter of fact. We were making brownies. I have found a new freedom in the dedication the kids have to Tim. I can now go clothes shopping or out with my friends guilt-free, knowing that the kids and daddy are all having a good time. I owe it to Tim's extra time and attention to the kids, and his willingness to take them in the "hot pool", as Ethan calls it. It's a sad day for Tim if Ethan doesn't earn his hot pool experience for the day. Then Tim has to wait until the kids are in bed. However, here is our life as it stands. We have moved into our new house and are slowly getting settled. Everywhere I look there is a project that needs to get done, but for the most part the boxes are unpacked. I plan on enjoying every project, and that will mean taking our time. I have started peeling wallpaper in every room. It's like picking a scab. I can't help it. I sit with paint swatches taped to the wall in front of me. I'm leaning towards Sour Lime, but Lake Marsh also calls my name. Will I hate an office painted a fresh color of green?
The kids still love to sit on the front porch with their frozen Go-gurts.
I have a routine down for cleaning the house. Most of the time it involves a different part of the house as soon as I put the kids to bed. Last Friday I cleaned the kitchen and the floors. That meant waking up to a fresh, clean house on Saturday morning. I celebrated by waking up at 5:30 to go to school to do my final preparations for the first day. When I came home, the kids were eating breakfast and playing peek-a-boo.
Today, Ethan and I baked brownies while Kate slept. We had friends over for hamburgers and we marveled at the deliciousness of a 3-year-old's brownies. He also helped me sweep the patio and clean the table. Three-year-olds rock. Even when they fall apart because the 2-year-olds want to play with his stuff.

1 comment:
Love the brownie face!
And by the way - I do have the best friends, I always have. I thought about that phrase while I was writing my post, but while true, it just didn't feel like the correct usage =)
Post a Comment