Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Perfect Day


Some days just fall into place. I woke up early and the weather was just right for a run. It was still dark when I started and light by the time I returned home. Cool, but not windy, damp, but not raining.

Thursday is a day Barb comes to our house to watch the kids, so we don't have to rush out the door.  I got myself and the kids ready, enjoyed breakfast, and had time to play before I headed to work.

Teaching went well and I had time to get a few things done at school before I came home. Even though I got home well into what would normally be nap-time, the kids were still in a nice mood and helped me get some ribs in the oven to slow-cook until dinner time.

Kate and Ethan both willingly took a nap, and I had time to straighten up the house, work on dinner some more, drink a cup of coffee, and enjoy the coolness of what feels like a fall day. When the kids woke up, they were both happy and helped set the table. . . we made it really nice with a candle and everything.

We went for a bike ride after dinner. Ethan is learning to ride without training wheels. I only cried a little when I saw him riding without any help.

While Kate took a bath, Ethan and I worked on changing some handles on the bathroom cabinets.

Then we all sat and read stories, and no one pushed or shoved or fought over which books we would read or who got to sit on my lap.

Thank you, God, for a good day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angela Flicker said...

What a wonderful day! It's been nice catching up on your blog. I can't believe how big those two are getting. Speaking of big, Monet started walking. Where has time gone. Sigh!