Monday, April 05, 2010

Spring Break (by Ethan)

One day I got to sleep in my fort:
My mom and I dyed Easter eggs (and my nose ran a lot, giving me a red upper lip):
We made a choo-choo train and I let Mom and Kate ride on my train:

G-Mama helped me do some puzzles:
By mom:
Ethan spent most of the break fighting off a bug. His nose ran a ton and he slept a lot and tried to be pleasant, but sometimes just cried and cried. Finally, we took him to the doctor and found he had strep throat. It meant that the kids and I couldn't leave the house very much, because Kate was recovering from pink eye for the first few days and Ethan was recovering from strep the rest of the time.

I only got a little stir crazy. The weather was nice enough to be outside on about two days. The rest of the time, I had to be creative, and finally I succumbed to longer-than-usual tv sessions, and I decided that that's okay because sometimes it's just good to be cozy and comfortable, making memories on the couch, under a warm blanket.

Also, I had plans to meet my friends and their kids so we could catch up, but it never worked out either because we were sick or they were sick. Is it sometimes hard to maintain friendships when you have kids? 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: