Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter was Great. . . continued

More on Easter and why I loved it. . .

Kate loves her puppies and loved to talk about "Snicks", as she called him. She was a little scared, so we kept telling her that Snickers is a nice dog. Now whenever she sees a dog she tells me "Nice. Dog. Nice Dog."

Our kids have just been on a great behavior streak. For that I am really thankful. Someone told me that kids are often on a 6-month cycle, which has me calculating whether our long road trips this summer with the kids will be good or bad memories. I'm praying Ethan has reached a new level of maturity, or that we have figured out how to be effective parents to a 3-year-old.  Is that possible?

Anyway, the kids ate great (they ate large portions and they ate healthily--was this because they felt like behaving nice, or did this cause the nice behavior?). Also, Tim took a lot of time to play with Ethan. . . puzzles, reading books, playing ball. Even if the rest of us were still eating, Tim would go play with Ethan if Ethan had eaten well and asked nicely. I think Ethan loved the positive attention, and I loved some time to sit and relax without the stress of a whining child. It was such a goooood feeling.
Here is Tim with his little niece (her mama made that cute dress):

Here it is. . . Ethan eating good food and daddy spending time with him. Food, books, and time with a good man. . . what more could a kid want?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

Oh, we miss you guys. It was so nice seeing you guys over Easter. Thanks for sharing the great photos. I'm glad to hear that things are going well with the kids. Monet is all over the place these days, crawling and standing and in to everything.

Miss you guys!