Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tim's Birthday Week

This week has been a busy week for our family. Monday was normal so I cooked.

Tuesday we watched Tim play soccer. His quads were hurting, so he taped them during half time. I watched him do this, and thought to myself, "Boy, that's going to hurt getting that tape off." He didn't have any prewrap, so he taped directly over his skin. That night, he ripped the tape off one side, band-aid style. It took skin and leg hair with it, and left welts. On the other side, he tried adhesive remover (the smelly stuff), and got the tape off, but not the adhesive. He spent his birthday morning trying to keep his clothes from sticking to his legs. It proved to be a funny story for my students the next day. The moral of the story: be prepared, and think before you tape. (I guess.)

Wednesday we celebrated Tim's birthday. Ethan and I made eggs for him while he unstuck his legs from his pajamas, and that night we tried fixing our refrigerator, and we went out to one of our favorite restaurants with the kids. It was gorgeous, under the hills, watching the sun set over the trains.

Thursday we celebrated Tim's birthday by going to his parents' house for dinner (here he is with his little cheerleader). . .


Friday we celebrated Tim's birthday by having our friends over for a barbecue, for which I made ribs and chocolate cake with homemade frosting. I love having people over, because it gives me reason to clean the house and pick flowers and put out candles. Kate was my "helper" through the whole process. . .


The kids loved playing together. . .



Tonight we went to a luau that was a fundraiser for an upcoming mission trip to Africa, and tomorrow night we have some people coming over to our house for a get together from church.

Monday starts another three nights of soccer again, and Friday Tim and I are going on an overnight date! We can hardly wait.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Spring said...

I loved the comment about Tim unsticking himself from his pajamas. I will think of that whenever I seeing sports tape from now on. I am sorry for his pain by the way!