In one week, Kate will be 15 months old.
Kate has had an exciting weekend. I have especially been amazed at all the words she is saying. Her absolute favorite is "doggy" or "puppy." Thursday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and she immediately started saying "doggy, doggy" and panting and looking around, because the last time we were there, Josh and Angie's dog Snickers was there.
This morning, we went to a garage sale and she heard a doggy, so she panted and said "puppy, puppy" and panted. We also went to some of my students' football game and there were many dogs there, and Kate was in all her glory. We got to talk to a few and pet them. Dogs are to Kate as trains are to Ethan.
Kate can also say hot, peek, kitty, moo, gama (grandma), Ethan, daddy, momma, and what seems to be many other words, but I just can't think of them now. I have to document this now, because she has started repeated many words, so really the list will go on and on.
Here's Kate trying on her bibs. . .
Kate has had an exciting weekend. I have especially been amazed at all the words she is saying. Her absolute favorite is "doggy" or "puppy." Thursday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and she immediately started saying "doggy, doggy" and panting and looking around, because the last time we were there, Josh and Angie's dog Snickers was there.
This morning, we went to a garage sale and she heard a doggy, so she panted and said "puppy, puppy" and panted. We also went to some of my students' football game and there were many dogs there, and Kate was in all her glory. We got to talk to a few and pet them. Dogs are to Kate as trains are to Ethan.
Kate can also say hot, peek, kitty, moo, gama (grandma), Ethan, daddy, momma, and what seems to be many other words, but I just can't think of them now. I have to document this now, because she has started repeated many words, so really the list will go on and on.
Here's Kate trying on her bibs. . .
Several weeks ago, we went to the fair. Since I have no pictures of Kate with dogs, this picture of Kate with the bunnies will have to do. . .
Tonight we were at a luau with Polynesian dancers and music. Kate sat next to the big girls from our church and clapped and sang and bounced. She also crawled a lot, and two times she actually stood for several seconds. She might be walking soon.
Here is Kate several nights ago when we were watching Tim's soccer game. She loves it when I chase her.
Yesterday I stopped giving Kate her binky at bedtime, which, besides church, is the only time she used it, just to see how it would go, and she hardly even missed it. So, I think we're binky-free!
As I put Kate to bed tonight, I started thinking about how soon I will be having conversations with her, and now whenever I talk to her she understands me, and it's just so exciting. Sometimes when Kate wakes up from her nap and Ethan is still sleeping, I turn on the tv and we watch HGTV for a few minutes, because that's just what girls do together for fun. Thanks, Kate, for being my tv buddy on random afternoons. We're going to make some wonderful memories together as you grow up!

No comments:
Post a Comment