"But those that wait upon the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40:31
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Get Out The Gate
I don't have a proper picture to document what has happened. It's not like I had time to grab the camera at the particular moment(s).
This morning Tim turned the corner to see Kate perched at the top of the stairs. Not on the top step, but one step down. Only 6 more to go until she would be safely sitting at the bottom. I don't know how this happened. She had been playing safely in her bedroom and Ethan and I were watching her as we got ready for the day. Next thing ya know, she's boldly going where our Kate has not gone before. By herself, scooting down the stairs.
A similar thing happened this afternoon. Kate had been playing safely by our back door and I went upstairs to say hi to Tim. Several minutes later I knew I better return to Kate to be sure she was safe. No need. She had already climbed to the top of the stairs. I told Ethan about it. He just smiled. Usually he is the one making sure she is safe.
It happened again this evening as she was playing with Ethan downstairs. My friend had called so I quickly went up to check on a phone number. Not too much later I saw a head peak up over the top step and was surprised to see Kate smiling away, proud to have conquered that set of stairs once again.
Somebody's got to watch these kids! Or put up a gate or something! Not sure how we're going to do the gate thing, since one of us will surely get frustrated if it's in the way. It might be me, it might be Tim, but Ethan will most certainly run into some frustrations if he can't get where he needs to go. We'll figure it out!
Labels:
A Day in the Life,
Kate,
Parenthood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh no, the trouble begins! The days of toddler-hood are in full force!
As soon as my kids start climbing the stairs, we take a day (or two or three) and work on climbing down the stairs on our bellies. We do it over and over and over until they finally 'get' it. Abric has finally figured out that he needs to 'turn around' and go down feet first on his belly. Ummm.... I think I hear him digging through the recycling. gotta run!
Post a Comment