I had one of the best weekends, and I have absolutely no pictures to show for it. Sometimes that's what makes a great weekend. No pressure to grab the camera to capture the moment, no pressure to get the kids to smile at the same time, no pressure.
Friday night I made turkey burgers on the grill and our friends Beca and Steve came over with Phineas.
Saturday morning I got up early to run my next 10K in the summer running series. It was funny because for some reason I changed my alarm to wake me up at 6:10, so I got up and ate breakfast and got dressed and was ready to go at 6:30. I don't know why I did that. The race didn't start until 8:00. So I hung out at home and read and made a list of things I need to do this summer.
Eventually I left our house at 7:10, thinking that I might need some time to stand in line to pick up my stuff since I hadn't gone the night before. By 7:20, I was ready to race, and it would have been fun to stand around and talk to the other runners, but it was pouring down rain, so I went back to my car, contemplated running back home to get some rain gear, but eventually decided the rain surely would dissipate and I read my book and enjoyed quiet alone time instead.
The race went great. It was cold, windy, wet, and rainy to say the least. Especially the first half. And hilly. Lots of hills in this run. And they were at the beginning and end, which I think is the hardest. I felt prepared and did well. Here are the stats.
Congratulations on finishing the Heart & Sole
on June 06, 2009. For your records, the weather that day was
terrible. Congrats to anyone that came out and battled through it. 512 people registered, a hair over 400 finished. That's pretty good.
There were 17 finishers in the Female 30 to 39 age group and
70 finishers in the race.
Your overall finish place was 44 and your age group finish place
was 8. Your overall finish percentile was 63 while your age group
percentile was 47. Your time was 54:41.1 .
Tim brought Ethan and Kate to meet me at the end of the race. We had a great time catching up with a bunch of people, some from my work, some from Tim's work, some from church, and some that I met along the race. Fun runs are the best. This one featured about a 100 young girls who are part of the Girls on the Run program. Also, one of Tim's former patients did an entire 5K walk, and he had been injured pretty badly not too long ago.
Once we got home, Ethan had the idea to watch his favorite show, Imagination Movers, on tv. That was exactly what I wanted to do, so we got out a huge blanket and snuggled up and I sipped a delicious cup of warm decaf.
Then we made lunch and Tim got a movie for us to watch while the kids napped.
When Kate woke up, she was sweet and adorable and chatty, and then Ethan woke up and he was cute too, and then we went to buy a tree for our yard.
It rained most of the day off and on.
We met our friends Molly and Jeremy at Pizza Hut for dinner, and then they came to our house to play cards once the kids went to bed. How fun was that! We laughed a lot and listened to music and I kept commenting on all the rain that was coming down.
This morning was a crazy morning of church, and then Kate and I went to our pastor's house to celebrate his son's confirmation (his son was one of my students this year) while Ethan and Tim napped at home, and then we came home , Kate napped, Ethan woke up from his nap, and he and I did laundry and cleaned out his art cupboard.
Tim and I made dinner, took the kids for a walk (the rain finally stopped) and planted our new tree.
I love weekends when there is no pressure. How can you beat starting the weekend with a 6-mile run in the rain? After that, there simply can't be any pressure to do anything else, so I might as well relax and let life happen.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend. How about July 1st for our get together?
Post a Comment