One of the highlights of the one nice week of weather we have had so far this summer was packing a picnic dinner and heading to the outdoor concert in the park. These are held each Thursday night (there is another venue for the Wed. night concerts, which we also hope to visit come a sunny, dry day).
For our picnic dinner I made bacon, turkey, lettuce wraps, mango salsa with chips, fruit, lemonade, and brownies. Wow, I rocked as a wife and mother that day. Ha, ha. I even had it packed in a cooler by the time Tim came home from work so we could head out and be on time.
For our picnic dinner I made bacon, turkey, lettuce wraps, mango salsa with chips, fruit, lemonade, and brownies. Wow, I rocked as a wife and mother that day. Ha, ha. I even had it packed in a cooler by the time Tim came home from work so we could head out and be on time.
Ethan loves music (don't all kids?) and he was excited to do something new. Neither performing group had drums, however, so that was a bit of a downer for him. He loves those drums! It's hard to know what other people expect of children at an outdoor concert. I feel it's okay for kids to be dancing and running around a bit, because it's supposed to be family-friendly, but some people probably expect something like "concert behavior". The kids like being close to the front so they can see the instruments and singers, but I don't want to be distracting everyone, either.

No comments:
Post a Comment