Kate hasn't had too many times when she has been awake in her first nine days of life. She doesn't cry very much, and when she does, it's sort of sweet and pathetic. Last night (after these pictures were taken) she had her first tummy ache. I'm hoping it wasn't the chocolate chip cookie I ate--that was the only thing that was different in my diet. We have a long road ahead of us if I can't eat chocolate for the next six months.
Not that I live for chocolate or anything, but I do remember coming home from school when Ethan was small and just having to eat chocolate chips for a snack. I think it was something in my hormones that craved chocolate. Could that really be the case?
Anyway, Kate was awake for about three hours last night with her tummy ache, which means I was awake for three hours last night with her tummy ache. Thank goodness I had a good book to read. But today I have paid for it--I've been a slow one! Ethan was amazingly patient this morning as I tried to get things together to take a walk--the whole time having to stop every now and then to comfort Kate with more of her tummy ache. Poor girl!
We never got to take a walk. By the time we were ready, it was time for lunch. But I didn't have the creativity or energy to make lunch, so we went to McDonald's instead. I feel like I have to make an outing every day just to keep me sane.

2 comments:
Maybe it is a hormonal thing because I always crave chocolate whne I am nursing. For tummy aches, I found the best homeopathic remedy. They are called Hyland's Colic Tablets. They just dissolve on a baby's tongue. Ewan was really colicky and these were a life saver.
I also have eaten chocolate while I am nursing. (I say eaten because I usually don't like chocolate at all.) Maybe it is hormonal...
Kate is adorable!
Post a Comment