Sunday, August 05, 2007

Boston Duck Tours

Last weekend, Tim and I got to take our first trip without little boy Ethan. He stayed with his courageous and energetic grandparents, Gabe and Karen.
Our travels took us to Boston, Mass., as guests of WorldStrides, the company that our school uses for our student trip to Washington, D.C. This was the first year that I "earned" the special trip thanks to lots of students signing up for D.C. 2008. Well, I've always wanted to go to Boston, and Tim and I were ready for a trip on our own.

We got into Boston early enough on Friday (even after a 4-hour delay the night/morning before at the SLC airport) to go on a Boston Duck Tour. These are old amphibious vehicles that were made for use in WWII. The tour was a great way to get a feel for the different sites in Boston, including the gold-domed state house, Old South Church, lots of burial grounds, and the home of the Celtics. The tour guide was, of course, very entertaining, and gave his opinion on lots of the events and politics of the Boston area.



Here you can kind of see what one of the "ducks" looks like from a distance.

The bar that inspired the tv show "Cheers". Hard to see. . . we expected more hype on this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: