Well, our training has come to a close. I know I can finish, but I don't know that I've done my absolute best on the training. This week, for example, I was supposed to run 2-4-2 miles at some point during the week. I only ran 3 miles on Tuesday. I might run a mile or two tomorrow (Friday), but the race is Saturday, so I won't overdo it.
Oh, but I must add that I have been getting some exercise in during the school day in my new Girls P.E. class! I'm sure it doesn't even measure up to a half mile altogether, though, so it doesn't really count.
Tim has caught the running bug. He has done awesome at his training. On our longest run (10 miles) he was kind and waited up for me, but I know he could have flown had he been given the chance. Tonight he was telling me about some marathon sites he was checking out and that he is considering training for a full-marathon this winter (we might need to get a treadmill, but who wants to train for a marathon on that?) with the hope of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Isn't that a great goal??!! He could do it. He is so motivated and such a good athlete. I can't wait to see how he does this weekend.
Tomorrow night my brother and sis-in-law are coming with the kids, and so are my parents. We'll have our good pasta dinner. Pray for the best. The weekend will be busy because Tim's sis is coming into town too. Lot's of family to see! Ethan will love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment