Before Ethan was born--I guess before he was even thought of--his grandparents started calling him Julio. They were so excited to have a grandchild someday, they endearingly called the future little one "Julio", and the name definitely stuck all the way through the pregnancy (as far as Gabe and Karen are concerned; Tim and I didn't really call him that).
Tim's grandma has always had a bit of a hard time remembering Ethan's name. She most often calls him "Nathan", and sometimes Eat-Thin. Recently her mind hasn't been as good, and she's been falling a lot. But she does remember that we have a baby and yesterday she asked to see "Nacho". Our little Julio Nacho! That's our boy!
Yesterday Ethan had his first day of "school." More on that later. I'm getting a feeling for what it's like to be the parent instead of the teacher.
1 comment:
Julio Nacho, that is cute!
Andy used to always call Harrison "Jethro" when he was in the womb. Luckily, the name didn't stick, unless Harrison is in really big trouble.
Post a Comment