Saturday, January 30, 2010

3-year-olds Say Funny Things


Tonight Ethan is at a basketball game with his dad and grandpa, watching his favorite college team.

Before he left we were counting some coins and he accidentally poked me in the eye really hard. I told him he needed to be careful because he really hurt me. His reply, "I'm sorry, Mom." But when my eye was still watering several minutes later, Ethan said, "Just brush it off. . . . . " I guess I need to buck up a little.

Have you heard that comedian that jokes about Hot Pockets and keeps singing "Hot Pocket" (imagine high voice)? Several months ago I made Hot Pockets for lunch and I kept singing the song as Ethan and I conversed. Finally, Ethan told me, "Mine not hot." Then he looked at me, smiled, and sang, "Cold Pocket. . . . "

Several weeks ago my parents were here and I told Ethan that he would have to take a bath soon. He smelled himself all over and finally concluded, "I not stink!" You're right, Ethan. No one should take a bath until they actually smell.

One of Ethan's favorite books right now is Tough Boris by Mem Fox. It has words like greedy, scruffy, and fearless. As we talked about what massive means, I wondered out loud who we know that is massive.  Ethan put his hand on his chin and said, "Hmmm. . . . Me!" We're always telling him that he's getting so big now. So I laughed.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sheree said...

Children speak the truth, and the truth is funny.

Angela Flicker said...

Oh my word, that is so funny. I love how he told you to "brush it off". Already he sounds like a Flicker man, lol. Soon he will be racing down mountains and doing flips off his bike into lakes.

Miss you guys,

Angela, Josh & Monet

Jamie said...

Yes, what is that comedians name? We've watched the 'hot pockets' bit on Youtube. So funny!
I love the 'just brush it off." Spoken like a true boy. :)