I have to post a picture of this cake, because it's beautiful and because it is the only picture I have that even remotely relates to the first in a series of runs I'm doing this summer. The only connection between this cake is that my friend Beca made it, and I got to eat some the night before my first race, which was already several weeks ago on May 2. I guess there is another connection because Beca, the baker/designer of this masterpiece cake, also ran in the race.
I have chosen to do the 10k for each of the races, and I must say I love that distance. I was proud of myself because I really pushed it for this race and ran better than a 9 minute mile. Take note that I have only ran three other races in my life: the marathon in 2004, a 5K in 2007, and the half marathon, also in 2007.
Law Day Run, May 2, 2009
Congratulations on finishing the Law Day on May 02, 2009. For your records, the weather that day was OK to Bad.There were 15 finishers in the Female 30 to 39 age group and 69 finishers in the race.Your overall finish place was 42 and your age group finish place was 7. Your overall finish percentile was 61 while your age group percentile was 47.
54:55.8 Official time
The next run is in June, but there is a lot of uphill. I honestly haven't run that much since the last race, so I need to get going!

No comments:
Post a Comment