Thursday, March 08, 2012

My Birthday Week!

I just love my birthday week.  I try to do something special every day!

First, we went night skiing on Tuesday night.  I think we brought sandwiches to eat on the way and we got to see a bit of the sunset. 


On Wednesday, I had an errand to run after school (my long day of teaching), plus it was wet and snowy, so we stopped and got a special coffee and treats at a gas station.

That night over dinner I told the kids that we were going to have a "catch-up on the house night" and Ethan then asked if he could put tortillas on the walls:

On my actual birthday, we invited some friends over for dinner and Tim surprised me with flowers:

And OH. . . the next day Tim took the kids for an overnight yurt excursion and I had the house to myself.  First I cleaned everything up.  Then I think I read or worked on my blog (all the updates from November, December, and January), ran some errands (looked at a used furniture store), and went out with my friends (followed by games at my house).
After my friends left, I stayed up until 3 a.m. working on my blog, then went to church in the morning all by myself, then greeted the kids and Tim and heard all their stories of their yurt adventure.

No comments: