The first week of summer the kids continued to go to daycare in the mornings and I worked at school and had meetings. It's nice that I don't have to move my classroom this summer as I have had to do the past two summers. It means that my main school-related objective for the summer includes cleaning out all my file cabinets (I'm 3/4 of the way through with that task, but haven't worked on it for several weeks, so it may or may not get done.)
Here are some fun shots of what we did during our first week out of school.
My little guy turning big:
Ethan and I built a little Butterburr's Restaurant and train depot using Lincoln Logs:
Ethan was also my big helper as we planted some perennials. This summer Ethan and I have gotten more one-on-one time together in the afternoons on the days he doesn't take a long nap.
For several days Kate insisted on sleeping with this (plastic) horse:
We took lots of bike rides:
Below are a few pics of the day that Tim and I left on our cruise, and I worked hard to be able to spend fun time with the kids instead of scurrying around and making the kids entertain themselves, like I usually do on the day we leave on a trip. So on that nice afternoon, we enjoyed smoothies on the front porch (not sure why Kate is wearing the white gloves; she kind of gets these ideas every now and then):
No comments:
Post a Comment