This was one of my favorite days of the summer! My parents came up the day before. (Kate loves fixing hair these days, and Grandpa was a good sport):
Later, as Kate sat on the counter and Ethan tried talking her into choosing waffles for her birthday breakfast (his favorite, but she chose cereal), suddenly Kate's eyes lit up and she said, "I'm 3 now? It's my birthday!"
Kate stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa while I took Ethan to his morning speech appointment, and then we all headed to a park and to McDonald's for lunch.
We all took a quick nap and my mom and I got some food ready for dinner. Kate wanted a pink birthday and a butterfly cake, so I made chicken with strawberry salsa and watermelon. When Kate woke up, we decorated her cake with yogurt and whipped cream frosting and skittles. I had used my bare hands to de-seed the pepper for the salsa, so everything I touched, even after washing my hands, turned spicy. That's why I'm wearing gloves (and of course the kids had to, as well):
What a great picture, and a delicious cake:
Pink and purple finger jello, cut into flowers, butterflies, "K"s and "E"s:
Ethan had a system where he raced down the slide, then sang a song or cheer or something while he danced and celebrated his win.
Kate liked playing with her cups:
Ethan:
Kate:
Party time!
My dad helped with the grilling, and he wore an orange shirt in honor of Ethan's love for anything Bengal:Ethan eating his pre-dinner snack:
Kate and Grandpa talking on their cells:
Our party and the food:
Ethan was truly excited for his sister to celebrate her birthday:
Kate's new hair set, with curlers, a straightener, brush, curling iron, and real blow dryer:Kate in one of her cute tutus:
Butterfly cake:Grandma Choo-Choo brought everyone glow sticks:
It was a fun night just enjoying family and thanking God for our first three years with Kate in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment