Saturday, February 05, 2011

Snow Days

We ended up with two snow days in January. One of them I spent half the day marveling that we even had gotten a snow day, since I didn't it until I was on the way out the door with my kids. There wasn't that much snow, but I guess it was enough.

The second snow day we really made the best of it. First, we made blueberry pancakes. Then we went outside, armed with an extra scarf, hat, and a carrot for our snowman's nose. Here we are, getting ready to make our snowman. . .

Unfortunately, the snow was too powdery, so we settled for making snowmen and taking rides on a sled.
I pulled them around (one at a time), until Kate faceplanted in the snow and wanted to go inside to drink hot cocoa.

Next, we made orange cookies, using a recipe in our Spritz cookie recipe book that I had gotten from my friend Jennifer when we got married (with the idea that our family could use it when we had kids--we are starting a snow day tradition!):

The cookies both looked and tasted orange (by using orange jello).  Ethan was very, very happy.  He even took a plate to share with his class at show-and-tell the next day: 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: