Thursday, February 03, 2011

Growing Kids

Kate got her first real haircut back in January, and it made me think about how old she is getting. Right now she loves to color, and we love to sit down and have tea parties, where she makes the coffee, then sits down at the little table with me and say, "Sooooo. . . " and then we talk about our kids and how school is going, and she hears her babies crying and checks on them and picks them up and cradles them. And when we're ready for more coffee, we put the cup to our mouths and toss back the rest of our coffee, do the same with anything on our little saucers, then look at each other and laugh.

I love this age!
Ethan got his very own CD for Christmas. I downloaded the songs from Itunes. The first two we dance to: "Love Came Down at Christmas" by Jars of Clay and "Silent Night" by Mercy Me. Sometimes Ethan plays his drums. Then during the next two songs "Big, Big House" by Audio Adrenaline and "I've Gotta Feelin'" by Black-Eyed Peas, he puts on his fast shoes (from Grandpa F.) and does his warm-up routine for his basketball game. The event closes out with "Eye of the Tiger". We love to watch him, and sometimes he lets us "run through the Tiger's mouth" with him (a Bengal warm-up tradition).

Ethan ate two quedasillas last night, then helped himself to another tortilla for a bedtime snack. This morning, he had oatmeal for breakfast and an hour later had me make him an entire Belgian waffle "for a snack." He ate half then, and ate the other half during story time, after his babysitter took him to McDonald's for lunch. I think he might be growing. What do you think?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristi Flicker, RD said...

Kate looks very serious about her coloring! :) SO CUTE! Those kiddos are growing way to fast!

Jamie said...

What cute pictures and fun posts! It is crazy how fast they grow up. I look at Abric and think, "Where did my baby go!"
I love Kate's 'real' hair cut. I love bobs on little girls. So cute and sassy!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! They are getting so big! Awww, time is flying. Very cute.