Monday, December 20, 2010

December 11th, 2010

Not the most attractive picture. . .
. . . but a pleasant memory for me. I like to get up early on Saturday mornings and read or work on my blog while I wait for the kids to get up. Kate joined me and Ethan snapped the picture. Then Ethan and Tim made us breakfast.

Tim headed out for the day to pick up an outside playset that he had found on Craig's List. It ended up being an all-day event, so while he was gone, the kids and I played and wrapped gifts.

Kate, once again hanging out in her underwear:
Ethan was very interested in our Angel Tree kids, and he helped choose and wrap every gift:
Next we headed to Grandma's house to make ornaments in her new kitchen:


Later in the day, Karen watched the kids while I went our local production of The Nutcracker.  Several of my students were in it, and they were amazing.  One thing that struck me is that several moms I know had lead roles in the ballet, and I was mesmerized that these women had the talent that they did, and that they were taking the time to do something that they love.  It was pretty cool. 

No comments: