That's how I'd describe our President's Day Weekend.
We traveled about 2 hours to get to this beautiful cabin that Tim's dad found for cheap and we stayed for three nights. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay that long, because sometimes it's nice to be in our own house, but I loved it there. I could have stayed longer. I appreciated having few distractions: no Internet, no cleaning up, no tasks that I felt I should catch up on.
It's not like we slept in, since the kids had trouble sleeping late in a new space. But once we were up, we enjoyed coffee by the fire, looking out over a frozen lake with snow falling. We took our time getting ready to go skiing, and only one of our ski ventures was overly long.
So here are a few of my favorite pictures of our time in the cabin.
Each night we took turns cooking. Tim and I made steak and chicken fajitas. They were delicious, but admittedly a little complicated. Can you see the beautiful huge windows that looked out over pine trees and the snow-covered lake?We traveled about 2 hours to get to this beautiful cabin that Tim's dad found for cheap and we stayed for three nights. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay that long, because sometimes it's nice to be in our own house, but I loved it there. I could have stayed longer. I appreciated having few distractions: no Internet, no cleaning up, no tasks that I felt I should catch up on.
It's not like we slept in, since the kids had trouble sleeping late in a new space. But once we were up, we enjoyed coffee by the fire, looking out over a frozen lake with snow falling. We took our time getting ready to go skiing, and only one of our ski ventures was overly long.
So here are a few of my favorite pictures of our time in the cabin.
Kate loved talking and reading and hanging out with her friend Paul.
Here's a family picture the day we left. One thing I liked about this cabin is that the owners had furnished it nicely, but we still felt like we could play and run around with the kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment