Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Tim's Birthday Week

Happy birthday, Tim.

To celebrate Tim's 30th birthday, we did something special every day. That's what you do for those big, important milestones.

Friday--we went for a hike up our favorite trail, then had dinner at a local brewery. We found a great seat on the back patio. It's in an industrial part of town, so we were right next to the trains, which sounds noisy and dirty, but it was actually really cool. Besides, Ethan loves trains.

Saturday--we got up early and ran a 5K with our friends Beca, Steve, and Phineas. Actually, Beca and I walked, but I think I could run 5K if I tried. That night, we had a brat bbq with our friends. And played Wii.

Sunday--Tim's parents took us out for a birthday lunch after church

Monday--I got up and made a special breakfast (I could have done this on his actual birthday, but I figured it would be more special to spread out all the good food.

Tuesday (his actual birthday)--Tim had a soccer game, which I ended up playing in--on the other team!! It was the most enjoyable game of soccer I've ever played. 1. I wasn't on Tim's team (he is a wonderful player, but very competitive, which stresses me out, especially since I'm not all that good and hardly even know all the rules). 2. My team gave me the ball (three of the players are members of our church, and they're like the nicest people ever--like that really churchy family from the Simpson's). 3. When my team gave me the ball, the other team didn't go after me too hard because they knew they didn't have to!

I felt so good after the game because I had gotten good exercise and had had fun playing. Gabe and Karen took Ethan to our house to put him to bed so Tim, Kate, and I could go out for Tim's birthday with a bunch of our friends. It was so much fun to be sort of on our own and actually hanging out on a school night.

Wednesday--I "let" Tim have guy time with Ethan while I went out for ladies night with some women at our church. I am so happy with how our church community is developing. We're in a good place of our lives and I feel like I have such a strong support group right now.

Thursday--Bible study night with our friends. I made a delicious chocolate cake for Tim and we sang happy birthday to him.

Friday--We dropped Ethan off at his grandparents and we took off for an overnight stay in our favorite nearby resort town. We love going there once or twice a year and it was especially beautiful with many fall leaves and lots of sunshine. We ate out, then enjoyed our little vacation home and hot tub for a really good price.

Saturday we returned home, got Ethan, and did family things together for the rest of the weekend.

Whew! I loved making the whole week special for Tim. We both agreed that we don't really need to have a reason to celebrate, we should just do so every now and then. Life and all God gives us is reason enough to celebrate daily.

Ethan getting ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house (he loves his mit and soccer ball):

Kate getting ready to go grocery shopping with Mama (that headband is so cute, but I think it gave her a headache):
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Great pictures, and I do love Ethan's green outfit! :)
You guys sound really happy.