Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pink, (purple, green, aqua) and MORE PINK

I had no idea there were so many pink clothes in the world.

When Ethan was born, I specifically asked people for clothes for him. We hadn't bought any clothes for him before he was born, so once we knew we had a boy, I wanted boy clothes! Mostly, we got high chairs and swings and books as gifts, and they were all wonderful.

Tim's work (notice he works with all women) threw us a shower last week and each and every one of them gave Kate the absolute cutest girl clothes I have ever seen. It was really quite exciting. I do love pink, and new clothes are always pretty fun.

Saturday night we showed up at Gabe and Karen's house and Karen had gotten the best deal on a HUGE amount of girl clothes. She had spent the entire afternoon sorting them out for us and she was so excited. I was too, because there were at least several outfits that were worth the $5 she spent for the entire lot from a garage sale, but I would not have had the time to sort through them all. Karen had them in piles and had already weeded out all the so-so items, and she had washed anything that was stained to make sure they could come clean.


Then this weekend we got even more clothes from my family and I must say that I am completely overwhelmed with girl clothes! Poor Ethan had to wear the same four outfits for the first 8 months of his life, but Kate will never want for clothes! Go, go, pink clothes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: