I don't know why some days just come together and other days just don't. One day last week I decided late in the day that I just had to get it together and make the day a good one. Not that it was a horrible day to start with, but I know the previous day Tim had to be so patient because Cheerios kept crunching under his feet and toy cars were bumping into all the couches and the laundry still hadn't been folded and. . . I don't remember what else, but it was clutter and chaos rolled into one.
So about 4:30 I called Tim and told him not to come home until 6:00 (which is our agreed-upon time for dinner these days) because I wanted to get everything really cleaned up before he came home. Tim appreciated the extra time to work without feeling rushed and anxious to get home in time for dinner.
So somehow Ethan and Kate and I were able to madly dash around the house and
- finish folding the half-folded laundry,
- fold all of Kate's blankets that were all over the house,
- throw out all the recycling,
- cut and arrange these flowers (pictured above) from our yard
- pick up all the random toys found all over the house
- sweep the floor in the kitchen and dining room
- make a delicious steak and nectarine dinner that I had been wanting to try for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment