Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dr. Appointment

Today I had my 28-week appointment. It was the one where I can't eat the morning of the appointment and I have to drink the glucose juice an hour beforehand. I passed the test with flying colors and everything seems to be fine. I had to do another blood test to follow up on some odd antibodies that were showing up in my blood earlier in the pregnancy. My doctor also ordered another ultrasound because he says that I'm measuring small. I'm only a week or two behind in my measurements. I have no idea what I could possibly do to make myself bigger, should he find that the baby isn't growing as much as it should. Eat more? I don't think I could possibly fit more food in me!
I'm beginning to wonder if my dr. just orders special tests for the thrill of it. At least we have good insurance and will have no problem meeting our deductible.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh, I hate that glucose test! Fasting and pregnancy just don't go hand in hand, you know?

Anonymous said...

Love that tape measure. My doctor would measure me and say "hmm" alot. Then threaten me with 10 pound baby stories. My baby was/is a giant. There was nothing to be done about it.