Today I went out nordic skiing with my two closest friends from church, Beca and Tera. This was the first time x-country skiing for both of them. Our husbands were up downhill skiing together, so we had to get in an outting of our own.
It's really cool because we all became acquainted through our Friday night Bible study that we've had at our house for many years. It used to be young singles, then turned to young adults, and now I guess you'd say it's 20- and 30-somethings. The cool young singles have moved on to their own thing, but we don't mind because we older people are at a different stage in our lives.
Beca and her husband Steve are expecting their first baby and it's due July 17th, two days after Baby Flicker is due! Isn't that crazy! Tim likes to joke about what exactly was going on in mid-October that would cause us to get pregnant within days of each other. TMI! Tera and her husband God-willing will be pregnant any time, as well. Wouldn't that be fun to have all three of us pregnant at the same time?
Our husbands get along really well too. They're all into skiing and yurting and I just think God is good to provide us with cool friends that provide us variety and new perspectives on life.

3 comments:
I love that picture where you can't even see Ethan's face. Looks like fun!
I am so jealous of all of your snow out west! Andy and I have Xcountry skis and haven't been able to use them the last three years! grrr.
Anyway....
I loved reading about your Christmas gatherings and seeing the pictures of your family. And, Kristin, I am sorry to say that when I saw the picture of Ethan in front of the Christmas tree I just kept thinking of you falling into the Christmas tree and it falling down!
I liked your little essay about Christmas. I remember the first Christmas home after my mission. I hated all the commercialism, etc. It was such a drastic change after the two Christmases on my mission where the whole day was completely Christ-centered and I was doing His work. You are so right- Christmas is not about the presents and gifts. It is what you make of it.
I'm glad you were able to have a Merry Christmas with your loved ones!
I like the new look of your blog! We need some updates, though. :D How are you feeling?
Post a Comment